Rules & Tips
, General Rules
- Please put all rubbish and used cigarettes in the bins provided When bins are full please use the Whatsapp service to request rubbish clearance.
- Smoking cigarettes, vapes or other substances inside all pods is prohibited. Please only smoke in outside areas.
- It is prohibited to bring alcohol on to the complex. The mini bars are stocked with beers, and there is a wine menu and other alcohol beverages available.
- Fires are only permitted within the fire pits on the pod decking. If you wish to pre order a log pack you can add it as a extra at check out. during your stay if you need extra logs please use the Whatsapp service to order. Before you go to bed please ensure you put water on the embers.
- Please bear in mind this is a fishing lake with other guests, so try to keep a respectable noise level throughout your stay.
- The main gate to the farm closes at 7pm due to security for our guests and the livestock that are on the land. It will only be opened in the event of an emergency. If this is the case then please contact a member of staff. Otherwise, the gates reopen at 6am.
- Guests are not permitted to bring food, drink and snacks we have a onsite bistro and only items purchased from here are permitted to be consumed on site. Alcohol is not permitted on site for health and safety reasons. Our chefs are more than happy to cater to any dietary requirements and are trained in the allergen matrix.
- No takeaways to be ordered to the venue.
- Vehicles are parked in the car park at your own risk.
- No dogs allowed, unfortunately!
Fishing Rules & Tips
. No pre prepared particle or tigers nuts allowed on site. Only particle prepared by mill lodge is permitted
- No fixed-lead rigs may be used, minimum hook, size 8, and we advise using 2oz leads.
- No unattended rods. Under any circumstances, such as, if you leave rods to go to the toilet, or to visit a friends pod, you will receive one warning and the second time you will be asked to leave.
- Barbed hooks only. Micro-barbed preferred.
- No pellets allowed on site due to water quality and fish wellbeing, only mill lodge lake feed pellet permitted.
- All fish caught must be retained carefully and treated with Carp Care Kit. ALL ANGLERS MUST OWN A CARP CARE KIT.
- If needed, always release the fish back into water in the retainer. Do not carry the fish over the decking in your hands. If you drop a fish or damage one, you will be charged accordingly.
- You must NOT bring your landing net; weigh sling or cradle on site. We provide this equipment for you to use and they must be used. These are checked daily and any damaged will be charged to your security deposit.
- Please bring your own rod pods or stage stand, no bank sticks.
- You are more than welcome to bring and use bait boats.
- Be prepared to use zig rigs, solid bags and long rigs/helicopter rigs to combat deep silt.
- The lake is fed on our own particle and pellet which is available to purchase on site in 3kg bags fresh.